Monday, December 14, 2015

Making Soup with Mashed Potatoes

Who says we have to quit learning? I learned something fantastic after a potluck anniversary supper from the hostess.  I have a hard time making people eat the leftover mashed potatoes I try so very hard to heat up in an appetizing way.
I made some disparaging remark about mashed potatoes being good only for adding to bread dough and Sarah said "Haven't you ever made potato soup with mashed?"
No, actually, I hadn't.  But I tried it and it was good. Then, last Sunday morning when I quickly made up a pot of hamburger-soup I was a little short on time for peeling potatoes, which the recipe doesn't call for but I like to add.  I had almost 2 cups of leftover mashed and I just popped them in and stirred until they disappeared.  Marvelous use for something that otherwise sits around until its old enough to dispose of.
Thank you Sarah!  Best tip ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment